School is starting soon. That means a big increase in curricular and extracurricular activities for your kids – including sports. If you have a child playing sports, they will need a mouthguard. To provide the best protection possible, you’ll want to get your mouthguard from a dentist.
Don’t let your kid take to the field without one. According to the American Dental Association, athletes not wearing mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental injury. We don’t want your child to become a sad statistic!
Call Darel Moss DDS PC & Associates at 617-397-3958 today to have your youngster fitted for a custom athletic mouthguard in our Brookline, MA office.
In the meantime, see why our sports mouthguards are better than those you buy at the store:
- Superior Fit – If your athlete’s mouthguard doesn’t fit comfortably, they may “forget” to wear it, leaving their mouth unprotected. We take impressions of your child’s teeth to create a custom mouthguard. It will feel so comfortable, they won’t mind wearing it. It will also stay in their mouth better than a store-bought guard. We use digital technology for dental impressions, not a messy tray of goop!
- No Boil-and-Bite Process – Before you wear a mouthguard from a store, you’ll typically have to soften it with boiling water, then bite into it in an effort to adjust the fit. This can be a frustrating process – and it often just doesn’t work very well. In contrast, a custom-made mouthguard fits without any fuss.
- Can Handle Special Requirements – If your child has braces or other orthodontia, it’s especially important to protect their mouth from injury. Our dentist can ensure their teeth and their braces are well protected.
- Satisfies Safety Standards – Our custom sports mouthguards meet standards created by the American Dental Association and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Most store-bought guards do not. You’ll have more peace of mind if you know your child’s mouthguard satisfies those standards.
- Our Team’s Experience – Different sports call for different levels of protection. Our dentists can ensure your athletes have the right kind of protection for the sports they play.
Interested in a mouthguard from a dentist? Call Darel Moss DDS PC & Associates at 617-397-3958 today.